Spend Time with our most Colorful Residents!
Volunteering at the at the Parrots in Paradise Sanctuary is educational, satisfying, rewarding and fun! Both our staff and the birds appreciate your help. We provide a loving home and environment to around 100 parrots, ranging from parakeets, cockatiels, conures, african greys, amazons and macaws, most of which are lovely kept outdoors in huge flight/aviaries.
We truly appreciate your interest in volunteering at the Parrots in Paradise Parrot Sanctuary in Captain Cook, Hawaii. The wonderful work you do is very important and there are many ways to lend a hand and heart to make a difference in these beautiful animal’s lives.
We provide all the training you will need, just bring your sincere heart 🙂
While volunteering you may be asked to help with any of the following tasks:
- Preparing and delivering fresh food and water to the parrot cages and aviaries;
- Cleaning water and food bowls;
- Cleaning flights areas and cages;
- Socializing with the parrots and giving them treats;
- Raking and cleaning the aviary floors.
Parrot Garden Safety Guidelines
To keep you and our feathered friends safe, here are a few things that you should be aware of before volunteering: Closed-toe shoes are required for volunteering in all areas. Sneaker, hiking shoes or boots are the preferred footwear.
- You will always work with a staff person;
- Parrots will bite to protect their “territory.” Keep your fingers well away from them, no matter how beguiling they may seem;
- Before volunteering consult your doctor for more information about precautions you can take.
- Use your good common sense.
Again, we so appreciate your interest in volunteering at our beautiful sanctuary! You may contact us at email@example.com and/or 808-322-3006.